English Premier league new season takes off on the weekend of August 14, Premier League winners Manchester City will begin their championship defense against Tottenham Hotspur.
Pep Guardiola’s quest for a fourth league title in five years gets off to a shaky start, with Spurs trying to rebound after a disappointing 2020/21 season.
Meanwhile, newly promoted Norwich City will host Liverpool at Carrow Road, while play-off winners Brentford will host Arsenal.
Chelsea will play Crystal Palace in a London derby at Stamford Bridge, while Manchester United will face Leeds United at Old Trafford in what promises to be an exciting round of fixtures.
Champions Manchester City’s title defense begins on the road against Tottenham Hotspur.
The rapid start to the season continues the following weekend, August 21, with Arsenal hosting Chelsea, before Arsenal travels to Manchester City and Chelsea hosts Liverpool at Anfield on August 28.
On November 6, Manchester City travels to Manchester United, but the return meeting at the Etihad signals the start of a crucial run of games for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.
Aspirants for the title United will play Manchester City away on March 5, Tottenham at home on March 12, Liverpool away on March 19, Leicester at home on April 2 and Everton away on April 9.
Liverpool visit Old Trafford on October 23, with the north London derby set for September 25 at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium and January 15 at Tottenham Hotspur. The Merseyside derbies take place on November 30 at Goodison Park and on April 23 at Anfield.
The first weekend’s games
The following are the first round of Premier League fixtures for the 2021/22 season, which begins on August 14:
- Brentford vs Arsenal
- Burnley vs Brighton
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace
- Everton vs Southampton
- Leicester City vs Wolverhampton
- Manchester United vs Leeds United
- Newcastle United vs West Ham United
- Norwich City vs Liverpool
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City
- Watford vs Aston Villa
The Boxing Day games
The clashes lined up for December 26:
- Aston Villa vs Chelsea
- Brighton vs Brentford
- Burnley vs Everton
- Liverpool vs Leeds United
- Manchester City vs Leicester City
- Newcastle United vs Manchester United
- Norwich City vs Arsenal
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace
- West Ham United vs Southampton
- Watford vs Wolverhampton
The games on the final day
On May 22, 2022, which of these games will be crucial?
- Everton vs Arsenal
- Leeds United vs Brentford
- West Ham United vs. Brighton
- Newcastle United vs. Burnley
- Watford vs Chelsea
- Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
- Southampton vs Leicester City
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool
- Aston Villa vs Manchester City
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich City.